Not every day is full of roses.
Some days, in fact, are a major struggle.
In fact, sometimes you have to drag yourself out of bed, medicate yourself with caffeine, put on some thumping music, and handle what ever comes your way. And while some days start with small challenges that you can solve with a little bit of help from caffeine and music, there are other problems that need more attention. If, for instance, you have recently been diagnosed with cataracts, you will need to make sure that you set aside a couple of days for a pretty standard procedure.
Corrective eye surgery procedures like cataract treatments are a common procedure today and allow for many people to regain the vision that is important for their lives. Fortunately, there are a number of surgeons who offer a variety of services that can help patients live a more productive life.
Consider some of these facts and figures about cataracts and the Laser surgery industry, and the impact that it has on the nation’s economy:
- 3,250 surgeons performed lasik surgeries on their patients in the year 2015.
- Fewer than 1% of people who undergo Lasik procedures experience complications.
- Lasik surgery was introduced in the U.S. more than 20 years ago, and is now a very common procedure. In fact, in the year 2015, 21 million Lasik procedures were performed..
- 95% of people who had lasik surgery between the years 1995 and 2003 indicate that they were happy with their results.
- Fortunately, the Lasik procedure takes only 10 minutes an eye to complete, and it typically only takes a few days or several weeks to recover fully from the procedure.
- Research indicates that any problems or side effects that patients experience post-procedure typically only last three to six months.
Not every single day is easy, but if you take advantage of the latest medical procedures you can get back to feeling full of energy and ready to face the challenges of getting older. Lasik surgery is one of the procedures that eye doctors use to make sure that their patients are living their lives to the fullest.