More than three quarters of the United States adult population wears eyeglasses; and 90 percent of the eyeglasses bought are worn by the person who chooses them. We can only assume that the other 10 percent are children, whose parents are not quite ready for them to choose their own kids glasses. Regardless, the hundreds of different options that are available makes choosing eyeglasses frames challenging. However, knowing how to choose the right glasses for your face can make the process a little bit easier.
In 2012, Americans spent over 8.6 billion dollars on eyeglass frames, and the majority of those eyeglasses were purchased from brick and mortar stores. Since eyeglasses are custom made, they must be fitted correctly to the face of each wearer. This is the biggest reason that many people are reluctant to purchase eyeglass frames online, because they want to know how their glasses feel and look on their faces. Obviously, this can be challenging to do when you purchase your eyeglass frames online.
However, the top online eyeglass retailers will provide all of the resources necessary to show you how to choose the right glasses for your face. Among these are professional methods for taking accurate measurements, online catalogs that provide minute details about frame materials, and the different types of lens coating choices. If you feel confident doing each of these things on your own, it is possible to purchase premium, designer glasses for less than you can at brick and mortar stores.
One of the foremost advantages of purchasing eyeglass frames direct is being able to select from thousands of premier designer frames from a leading eyeglass frame retailer from the comfort of your own home. In the event that you are dissatisfied with the fit of your frames, it is fast and easy to return and exchange your frames.
Since the average price for a pair of eyeglasses is between 450 and 500 dollars, you want to be sure that you can find the exact frames you are looking for. When shopping for glasses at a brick and mortar store, your options are limited to what they have in stock. On the other hand, the leading online eyeglass retailers will have exactly what you are looking for. While buying eyeglass frames online is a bit different than buying from traditional eyeglass stores, the convenience, choice, and premium quality is more than worth it.