This is the weekend when all of the research about what is included in a spa package really pays off. As millions of children and husbands present their mothers with an annual Mother’s Day gift it should come as no surprise that there are many who are giving the gift of a day or weekend massage package. And while there are various prices that families can pay for these gifts, one of the biggest determining factors is what is included in a spa package? A full service package, for instance, is obviously expensive, but there are many ways that families can find an affordable way to make sure that you still have a great gift for your mother.
Spa Treatments for Men Continue to Increase in Popularity
Just because Mother’s Day weekend comes to an end certainly does not mean that the spa industry is any less busy. In addition to serving mothers and other females, the fact of the matter is that there are a growing number of men who are also interested in spa services. From steam rooms to massage to manicures, there are many services that both males and females want to enjoy. Feeling great about how you look is always a plus, especially when you are getting ready for a special event or if you are preparing for an important interview.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the spa industry in America and the impact that it has on the nation’s economy:
- 91% of people view massage as beneficial to health and wellness, according to a 2014 survey.
- More than 179 million Americans visited spas in the year 2016 as the nation saw an increased focus on wellness.
- 21% of people who recently received a massage got their last massage at a spa, according to a 2014 survey.
- More than 17 million people indicated that they used services at a day spa within the last 12 months in the U.S. in the spring of 2017.
- In addition to relieving stress, saunas are also great for weight loss. In fact, it is estimated that a 20 minute sauna session at around 170 degrees Fahrenheit can burn more than 500 calories.
You do not have to wait for Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day, or a special holiday to give someone you love the gift of a spa package.